The holidays are always a good opportunity to go on a motorhome trip, but why not go on a roadtrip with your friends? A way of discovering places, while being surrounded by the one you love, and creating new memories with them.
What do you need to know to plan a roadtrip with your friends?
Here are some steps to follow for a good organisation of your trip:
- Choose the destination together. In the countryside? On the seaside? In the mountains? In which country?
- Decide if you are travelling for 3 or 15 days. If everyone is free for a weekend? Or for a week long roadtrip?
- And also what kind of trip you’re going for. Are your holidays going to be relaxing or sporting, or even cultural holidays? And what about going to a festival?
Agree on everything is going to be difficult but you have to try and make everyone happy and satisfy about the itinerary of the trip.
- Choose the vehicle depending on the number of people you are travelling with but also depending on the type of road and places you are going to visit.
- Have a first draft of the itinerary, leave room for the improvisation but at least know a little bit where to go and mainly, ideas of where you can sleep and are allowed to.
- Do not forget to select the must-seen of the city in a roadtrip with your friends.
The pros of a roadtrip with your friends:
The good things when travelling with friends is that you can divide the shared expenses. It makes the trip cheaper and allows you to enjoy more activities together.
It is also a way to make new memories and new discoveries, meet other people and other cultures, share experiences and opinions.
The organisation is the key in this kind of trips, and even if you think that travelling with friends is always cool, don’t forget to have rules. Especially about the tidiness, work sharing and the respect of personal space. Because even if travelling together, everyone needs its space and its time alone.
When all the talking is done, you can start packing and start the action. Don’t forget to send us the best pictures of your roadtrip with friends!
And because we want you to make the best of your trips, here are some suggestions about where you could go…
On the French 🇫🇷 south-west coast for example at the Campsite Eurosol at Vielle-Saint-Girons. And then, go deeper in the south to Saint-Jean-de-Luz at the Campsite Le Bord de Mer. Both places are really close to the seaside, so you can spend the evening chilling on the beach.
You could also go in the south of Spain 🇪🇸 at the Playa Punta Umbría Parksite, a breathtaking spot.
And, finally in Portugal 🇵🇹 at the Sagres parksite, a fantastic place, near a beautiful lighthouse.
And for long RV journey, discover a suggestion of 30 Trivia Games.
Enjoy your roadtrip with your friends with CaraMaps!