The motorhomes have now and for some years already, a great success ! They make French tourism an important sector and France, a popular destination. It is therefore essential to know the rules for parking in motorhome in France. Between speed limitations, service areas, parking lots and campsite, everything becomes sometimes very complicated… Today, to help you prepare for your next trip, the CaraMaps team has prepared an article concerning the regulations for parking in motorhome in France. First, let’s talk about speed limitations :
- 110 km/h on highways
- 100 km/h on two-lane roads separated by a median
- 80 km/h on other roads
- 50 km/h on city center
- Authorities and town halls absolutely can not prohibit the general parking of motor homes in a whole municipality.
- However, mayors may prohibit part of the territory from parking for certain types of vehicles on specific conditions (health risks, for example).
- In this case, the municipal law must state the real and serious reasons.
- It is possible parking in motorhome in France on sites not specially dedicated to motorhomes only if there are no unpacking (chairs, tables, awnings,…)
- It is not authorized to camp on protected areas (examples : seaside, natural park,…)