Here is your motorhome maintenance checklist, this handy tool will help you get your motorhome in tip-top condition before going for a trip.
You have certainly planned to go for a motorhome vacation since sunny days are back, but your motorhome has probably been stored for a long time during winter. That’s why few maintenance checks are necessary in order to ensure a safe season.
Here is a list of necessary checks you need to perform on your motorhome before you start your journey!
- Tires: Always check your tires for wear and damage problem before you embark upon long road trips. Also, make sure your tires are inflated to the right pressure. It is important de check pressure frequently, about once a month, because it could have dangerous and costly effects on your vehicle.
- Battery: While your motorhome was in storage during winter, it probably has been uncharged. So make sure your battery holds enough charge before leaving and if not, charge it.
- The levels: Verify all levels and make sure there is enough oil, water, coolant, windscreen wash. Top it up or replace if necessary.
- Lights: You have to try out all lights inside and outside your motorhome to make sure each one is correctly working, if not you need to replace them.
- Gas: You must verify your gas bottle and make sure the tank is full
- Alarms: Be sure that smoke alarms, intruder and carbon oxide detector are working.
- Fire extinguisher: make sure to have it onboard and to know how to use it in case of emergency
- Insurance: Verify that your insurance is up to date
- Roof and seams: Think about inspecting all areas for leaks and repair it if needed.
- Cleaning: clean inside and outside your motorhome to remove any residual dirt
Once your motorhome maintenance checklist is completed, you are ready to start your journey!
You can also read «Top 5 Accessories for your Motorhome Trip!», «Playlist for the Perfect Motorhome Trip» and «Motorhome, the ultimate must-have for sports fans!» on our blog.