Did you know that horse racing is the second highest attended sport in UK? From Perth in Scotland to Newton Abbot in Devon, there are 60 racecourses in UK. Opportunities to attend and enjoy a horse race are not missing… So why not combine Horse Racing and Motorhoming?
Horse Racing is known as the sport of kings, and today it vehicles the image of glamour, classy and chic. But horse racing is much more than that. It’s the opportunity to spend a lovely day with family or friends, in beautiful surroundings, socialise with people. So, either you are a fan or if this is your first time, you will love this great experience!
In UK, you have the possibility to park at some racecourses. Motorhome pitches are part of the onsite facilities. And most of the time, RV site visitors can benefit from discounts on admission fees for race-days.
Here are some sites near racecourses:
– Stratford On Avon Racecourse Touring Park – Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
– Warwick Racecourse Caravan Club – Warwick, UK
– Hexham Racecourse Caravan Park – Hexham, UK
– Great Yarmouth Racecourse – Great Yarmouth, UK
Tips for beginners! If it’s your first time at a Horse Race, try to keep this in mind:
- Arrive early at least one hour before the course.
- Buy a race card proving all information about runners and riders of each race.
- Enjoy the special atmosphere, have a walk and discover the place and facilities.
- Observe and appreciate the beauty of racehorses.
- Try to bet, even a ridiculous amount, this could add to the excitement and the interest in the course.
- Join in the celebrations that take place after the course.
For more information go to: http://www.greatbritishracing.com (The sport’s official marketing and promotional body).
Now you know everything about Horse Racing and Motorhoming, don’t lose the opportunity to spend a great moment that will please children and adults!
You can also read our articles: « Fishing and Motorhoming », « Fairy Tail Trip to Best European Castles » and « Best beaches for Motorhome Holidays in UK and Ireland » on our blog.