Today, the CaraMaps team shows you that motorhome and hiking are making a pair ! 🎒
As you know, in motorhome, all roads are good to discover a region. But sometimes, the nature holds us… so why do not put a foot down to admire the beautiful landscape that surrounds us ?
The motorhome and hiking is just walking following the wind, take a break without worrying about time, enjoying the moment, being completely free…
Make great discoveries
This is certainly by making hiking that we discover more easily the great plains, beautiful mountains or small isolated areas far away from all eyes…
Hiking is a great way to meet local people and why not share a good time with motorhomes drivers, motorcyclists, cyclists and others people around typical local dishes.
In order not to overload your package in hiking, simply chose a comfortable and practice backpack as well as good walking shoes. Also remember to cover you if it is cold, the temperature quickly drops when you go up in altitude. 🗻
So, now you are convinced that the motorhome is a good way to go hiking ? Give us your opinion and share it with the community CaraMaps.
And do not hesitate, whether you are a beginner, advanced or expert, many routes and trails are available for hiking throughout Europe.
Some ideas for your next hiking during your trips in motorhome :
In France :
- La Forêt de Brocéliande (52 km) : Malestroit – Saint Laurent sur Oust – Josselin
- La Traversée du Vercors (30 km) : St Nizier du Moucherotte – Ramées – Allières – Pont de l’Amour – Corrençon
In Spain :
- La Ruta del Cares (Picos de Europa) (21 km) : Posada de Valdeón – Caín – Poncebos
- La Ruta del Rio Borosa (Andalousie) (20 km)
In Portugal :
- La Travessia das Serras Peneda e Soajo (80 km) : Mezio – Sistelo – Peneda – Cunhas – Mezio
- La Serra do Gerês (15 km) : Arado – Teixeira – Borrageiro – Rocalva – Corga da Giesteira
The tip from Nicole, motorhome driver and huge fan of hiking : « La Rota Vicentina », more than 400km along the Portuguese costal area, ranked among the most beautiful in Southern Europe.
In motorhome or by hiking, enjoy your trip with CaraMaps !