This week, in our blog, we take you on a trip to four American states: Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico. We will also take you to the famous place where these four states meet, the place where you can be in the four states all at once?Welcome in the Four Corners region ⊕
Utah’s nickname is Beehive State and its capital is Salt Lake City. See what you have to visit in Utah:
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Zion National Park
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Dinosaur National Monument
- Bears Ears National Monument
- Rainbow Bridge
- Timpanogos Cave National Monument
Arizona is also called The Grand Canyon State and its capital is Phoenix. And here is what to visit in Arizona:
- The Grand Canyon
- Petrified Forest National Park
- Saguaro National Park
- Montezuma Castle National Monument
- Monument Valley
- Tuzigoot National Monument
Colorado’s nickname is The Centennial State and its capital is Denver. Here is a list of things to visit in Colorado:
- Colorado National Monument
- Hovenweep National Monument
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve
- Do not hesitate to go and visit the city of Colorado Spring and also Grand Junction.
New Mexico ?
New Mexico is also called the Land of Enchantment. Its capital is Santa Fe. And here is a list of things to do in New Mexico:
- Shiprock Peak
- White Sands National Monument
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- Do not hesitate to visit the city of Albuquerque
Four Corners monument ??
The monument where ‘visitors can simultaneously straddle the territory of four states’ is part of Navajo Nation Parks & Recreation. The Four Corners Monument is the place where the four states of Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico meet, thereupon, you can stand and be in the four states all at once. To enter the national monument, you have to pay $5 per person, it’s free for 6 year-old children and younger. It’s the only quadripoint in the United-States. There is one also in Canada.
If you want more information regarding U.S. National Parks, here is a great guide done by Happy Campist. Enjoy!
Enjoy your motorhome trip with CaraMaps! ??
And don’t forget to read our other articles on the blog: ‘Take your dog on a motorhome trip‘ & ‘Eleven campsites for the best road trip in Scotland‘.