Whether you are in motorhome, caravan, car or bicycle, driving in the snow requires some habit and precautions, here are some tips for driving in the snow.
Before the big adventure on the snow
Before anything else, you should prepare your trip, do not hesitate to consult the weather beforehand or also listen to the radio during your trip to know the weather conditions in real time. Then, check and equip your vehicle before the big trip: headlights, tires, windscreen wipers and washer : check everything you can in and out your vehicle ! And finally do not forget the special equipment for driving in the snow especially the chains that give you more grip on the road.
The good reflexes to have for driving in the snow
- Anticipate, reduce speed and keep an eye on safety distances
- Stay alert, vigilant and be prepared to react
- Softness and flexibility in your driving
- To see well but also to be seen, the danger is also in the others around you !
- Avoid slipping, especially when starting …
- Do not brake directly, use the engine brake
- Leave priority to the salting machines and follow their traces on the road
- If the weather becomes worse, do not hesitate to stop on the aisle
- Take it easy in round about and turns !
- You are not a pilot, be careful …
The little extras :
Before taking the road and driving in the snow, we advise you to be in good physical condition and also to put you at ease to drive.
Winter is the season when road accidents are the most frequent, so please, be careful !
The cold is already here, the winter is coming very fast and the snow too, so take your precautions if you have planned to travel and prepare yourself for driving in the snow with your motorhome !
Always enjoy tour trip in motorhome, even is it is cold and there is snow, with CaraMaps !