Gérardmer is located in the heart of the massif of the Vosges mountains, at the Lake of the same name, at an average altitude of 670 m. Gérardmer Lake is the largest natural lake in the Vosges!
The situation of Gérardmer early promoted the practice of skiing. Today, the Alpine ski resort is located in the Mauselaine and cross-country skiing is practiced from the domain of the Bas Rupts.
Common account many woodlands, some of which are ski areas, totalling 3 721 ha of coniferous forests (more than five million trees and thorny).
The steps in Gérardmer
Services: drain waste water – drain cassette toilet – water – parking – Toilets
Service area with parking, located on the shores of the Lake.
Services: parking – water – electricity – service – showers – WC – garbage – WIFI area
The steps near Gérardmer
See / do in Gérardmer
The good plans of Paulette:
- Come when famous Gerardmer triathlon (this year: 5 & 6 September this year)
- Hiking on the ecological trail of the pearls of the Vologne. You can picnic on the edge of the Vologne near the Pont des Fées. The Court of water meanders gently since the jump from tanks to pass under the Pont des Fées, bridge built in 1763.
- When the warm weather arrives you can enjoy from the edges of the Lake of Gérardmer for an afternoon lounging.
- Discover the military memory (citadels, forts, fortifications Vauban listed in the UNESCO heritage; the line Maginot and Séré de Rivières to Montmédy Citadel).
- Take a trip to the Wildlife Park of Sainte-Croix.
- Many sports activities await you: fishing, addicted ‘ branches, paragliding, walks, golf, canyoning, climbing…
- Taste local specialties: munster farmer, goat cheese, sausage, terrine of campaign with Bilberries, local beers, wines of Alsace…
- Discover one of the know-how of the region at the Gourmet Vosgien: embossing of sausages!
See / things to do near Gérardmer
Contact City Hall
Phone: 03 29 60 60 60
Address: 4 place des Déportés, BP 5 Phone: 03 29 27 27 27 Website: http://www.tourisme.fr/1776/office-de-tourisme-gerardmer.htm
Contact the Tourist Office
4 place des Déportés, BP 5
Phone: 03 29 27 27 27
Author: Paulette M.
Also discover the destination of La Foret of the Hallerbos in Belgium and be sure to read the advice of Véronique!
Good trip with CaraMaps!