With over 60 million foreign visitors each year, by car, motorcycle, caravan or camper, Spain is, today, one of the most popular tourist destinations. So, why not traveling to Spain by motorhome ?
Spain offers a wide variety of landscapes for the great pleasure of motorhome drivers : from geographic differences between north and south, the interior and the coast to the cultural differences between the local and the national. Traveling to Spain by motorhome encourage the discovery of new horizons and a different culture. While they are direct and honest, you will constantly be welcomed by the Spanish, friendly people who always have a festive mood.
If you are traveling in Spain by motorhome, you can enjoy the rich cultural and natural heritage offered by the territory. Among the attractions you will also enjoy the history of the peninsula, exceptional architecture and art works by the greatest artists.
Moreover, the territory has a Mediterranean climate that all travelers absolutely love. This sunny image of Spain that we all have, is the perfect place to travel in motorhome.
And do not forget that traveling to Spain by motorhome, it is also enjoying a rich and varied cuisine of the Spanish peninsula and the famous « ir de tapas » that you absolutely have to add on your program !
10 places not to miss during your trip to Spain by motorhome:
- Saint-Jacques de Compostela (including the Cathedral and the pilgrimage route to Santiago)
- Altamira (famous for its caves !)
- Salamanca (mainly for the university and the cathedral)
- Valencia (city symbol between classical and modern)
- Barcelona (the magnificent Sagrada Familia and all the works of Gaudi)
- Seville (particularly the Giralda, the Cathedral and the old Jewish district)
- Cordoba (Mosque, impressive historical monument)
- Segovia (and its Roman aqueduct)
- Granada (with the Alhambra and the Albaicin district)
- Avila (best known for its famous wall)
Glossary : Destination Spain by motorhome !
Hello: Buenos días (morning), buenas tardes (afternoon), buenas noches (evening)
How are you ?: ¿Qué tal? ¿Cómo estás?
Please: Por favor
Thank you: Gracias
Welcome: De nada
I do not understand: No entiendo
Do you speak English ?: ¿Hablas inglés?
Sorry: Lo siento
Excuse me: Perdona
Goodbye: Hasta luego
Have a nice trip with CaraMaps!