For some people, cooking is an art. However, cooking in motorhome is not always easy… it is quite the contrary. We do not have much time for cooking in motorhome (that are also holidays for the cookers) and as soon as we return from visits it is often time to eat and we barely have time to cook that it is already time fo the next adventure !
Moreover, when we travel, it’s not very nice to live among fried pans and saucepans ! There is barely space for two so for three ? We often lack of space for cooking in motorhome and then after it is time to clean, huh? And the smell, can we talk about it ? It is true that cooking in motorhome is not always nice, smells are often spread everywhere… And with this heat, it is not fun cooking !
And, then, what is the solution ? Going to the restaurant ? it depends on the budget, it is not possible for everyone ! Eat at the pizzeria in the corner ? And what about the diet ?!
Here are our tips for cooking in motorhome:
- Bring little kitchen utensil: a fried pan, a saucepan, a cutting board,…
- Think of the plastic film and aluminum foil
- Only take basic ingredients that will be useful for many recipes
- Chose to do simple and quick meals
Simple examples of some recipes:
- Salads (pasta or rice, salad, ham, tomatoes, …): it’s fresh !
- Sandwiches: vegetables, chicken, tuna, eggs … diversity guaranteed !
- Canned food: crab, baked beans,… there’s something for everyone !
Laurence’s advice that make her life easier: «I am preparing canned food in advance that we bring to our trip. Like that no need to cook in motorhome; saving time and money!»
And do not forget, only bring with you the basic for cooking in motorhome !
Good trip (and good appetite) with CaraMaps!